Monday, August 1, 2011

Lazy Sundays are meant for Family...

It is only since having children that I understand the value of a Lazy Sunday and enjoying the slowness of it all.

Yesterday we set the H boy up with ABC 4 Kids videos and hubby and I sat in the lounge reading and drinking tea while the baby slept. All I can say is Bliss!

After that we went to the markets and H boy expended energy and yelled  played while I got some bread from the beautiful french patisserie. We looked at the fish in the pet shop and I stifled the urge to buy H boy a Siamese fighting fish. I get this urge every time we go into a pet store. As hubby pointed out - like we really need one more thing to care for right now....he is right!

It is just so nice to spend time with family on a Sunday. We often visit H boy's great aunt and uncle and it is so nice to sit around the table and just banter and catch up on what everyone has been up to.

In the afternoon we go for a family walk up a hill in a local reserve. It is so quiet and peaceful at the top - it feels like you are a million miles away - not just 5 minutes from home.

Love. Love. Sundays.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment